Learn more! Give more! Do more! this Black History Month
The Center for Family Wellness formally acknowledges it is Black History Month! We know this is a time to continue to do the work and our team has been furthering our own anti-racist work behind the scenes; with particular emphasis on our identity as white female therapists and small business owners. In order to give more, The Center for Family Wellness is donating 20% of our previous quarter’s profits to three organizations whose vision and mission align with our own. We wanted to share some resources to support you in ways to learn more, give more, and do more this Black History Month.
Here are three of our favorite folx you can learn from; whether it be engaging in their content, courses, or challenges.
1. follow along and listen to Rachel Cargle’s instagram
2. follow along and listen to Ibram Kendi‘s instagram
3. take Resmaa Menaken’s free course on Racialized Trauma
Here are three organizations that align with our principles you can donate money to.
1. National Birth Equity Collaborative Creates solutions that optimize Black maternal and infant health through training, policy advocacy, research, and community-centered collaboration.
2. YWCA Duluth Eliminate racism, empower women, and promote peace, justice, freedom, and dignity for all.
3. Family Rise Together The purpose of Family Rise Together is to help strengthen the family unity by engaging fathers in their children’s lives to establish family values, social roles and participation in the community.
2. Support local Black-owned businesses (Spoons and Natural Beauty and Braiding LLC are both Black-owned businesses local to Duluth)
3. Purchase a picture book to read with a child/family member (Target’s Black Beyond Measure movement has a great selection of picture books)
Stay well, The Center for Family Wellness